When I Despair.

OK,  so it's like this: things felt a bit like I was running like mad, and not only standing still, but going backwards.  Worse still amid all the election coverage; if that were not bad enough; there is still the constant stream of reporting of evil acts done in pursuit of power.

And, as is my wont, I thought I'd write a poem. Put those feelings into words. The first line was easy, "When I dispair." But then all I could think of were the words someone else had already followed them with. 

And eventually one has to bow to the inevitable, it has been said better by someone else so just quote them.

Well I went half a step further than that, I sketched a portrait too.



“When I despair, I remember that all through history the

way of truth and love have always won. There have been

tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem 

invincible, but in the end, they always fall. 

Think of it always.”

M. K. Ghandi.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH