Popular posts from this blog
Changing minds.
It is can be frustrating when I notice, someone was about to say something but suddenly changed their mind. Because now I'm wondering what they were about to say. Why did they change their mind? Is it something important to them? Or to me? This is not a criticism. I do not plead they should always speak their thoughts. But sometimes wish, they would get it off their chest. To relieve me of my curiosity at the very least. And sometimes, more often than not, I think I mostly know what the unspoken thought might have been. Having listened to what they were saying beforehand. But, f we really study and understand the fleeting expressions on a person's face, do we really understand them? Or not? Why are some people such good liars? Amd I'm not talking about Trump. He isn't actually a very good liar, he keeps tripping himself up. Sociopaths in general, psychopaths and malignant personalities in particular. These are the really good liars. The ones that can ...
Nazareth
Number of times 'Nazareth' is mentioned in the NT. Supposedly there are 31 mentions of Nazareth/Nazarene in the NT, at least in the KJV. Unfortunately when considering the Koine Greek, not too many of these 'mentions' actually mention Nazareth Per se. 16 mentions are, 'O/tou Nazariou' in a number of spelling variants, consistent spelling being something of an optional extra in the first century. Some of these variants are supposedly adjectival forms of 'from Nazareth' The form of 'man from Nazareth' (a town) we would expect in Koine Greek would be Nazarethenos or Nazarethaios, this isn't what we find in NT texts, what we find is' O/tou Nazoraiou/Nazarenos/Nazoraios'. Literally translated this is 'The Nazorean'. And Nazoreans are a sect mentioned in Numbers. And are known from the first century, as Nozrim, Nazir, Nazoreans etc. Sometimes they are associated with early Christians. Which means we are down to just 15 suppo...

Comments
Post a Comment